awards: http://www.nautibitz.com/awards home: http://www.nautibitz.com fic: http://www.nautibitz.com/fic multimedia: http://www.nautibitz.com/multimedia awards: http://www.nautibitz.com/awards links: http://www.nautibitz.com/links.html about: http://www.nautibitz.com/about.html contact: http://www.nautibitz.com/contact.html

In Heat

In Heat
By NautiBitz

Title: In Heat

Author: NautiBitz (nautibitz.com/contact.html)

Show | Pairing | Rating: Buffy the Vampire Slayer | Spike/Buffy | NC-17/M (not for kids)

Summary: The summer after Season 5 (in my world where Buffy never died), a pheromone heat wave gets the Slayer hot and bothered... for Spike. What's a lovestruck, semi-reformed vampire to do?

Timeline: Summer after Season 5. In my happy-ending version of the finale, thanks to Willow's fabulous powers, the key was magically transferred out of Dawn just in time to close the portals and defeat Glory. So everyone, including Buffy, is alive and well. (Much of this was written before 'The Gift'. Please engage your denial and suspend your disbelief now.)

Originally Published/Completed: May 2001/July 2001 (Revised: Sept. 2007)

Genres: Smut, Romance, Comedy, Awesomeness

Length: 18 chapters | 30,314 words

Awards Won: Winner of over 30 awards, including "Fic of the Year (2002)" and "Best S/B Shipper Series" from The Spiked Awards, "Best Series" and "It's My Bed (Best Smut)" from Watching You Awards, "Best Smut", "Best Buffy Characterization" and "Best Fluff" from the Spuffy Awards, "Best Comedy/Fluff" from the Loves Last Glimpse Awards, "Best Fanfic Classic" and "Summer Heat (Best Summer Fic)" from the Forbidden Love Awards, and many more. See 'em in all their shiny glory here.

Author's Note: Mad props to the S/B fanfic queens, especially Laure Alexander and Saber ShadowKitten, from whom I may have inadvertently borrowed since I'm a huge fan.

Special Thanks to my sweet love, who read my very first draft and said, "There's not enough sex." She is solely responsible for all the gratuitous smut. Thanks also to my beta readers for the epilogues and the "Bring It!" interlude.

Soundtrack: This fic mentions or excerpts the following songs: The Ramones "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend", Fugazi "Give Me the Cure" and "Waiting Room", Billy Idol "Rebel Yell", The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go", Buzzcocks "Ever Fallen In Love With Someone (You Shouldn't Have Fallen In Love With)", Martha & The Vandellas "Heat Wave". Most of this music can be sampled and/or purchased via my store (powered by Amazon).

Distribution: Links only, please. Do not reprint. Do not post translations. Thanks!

Disclaimer: Buffy, Spike and Sunnydale, et al, are property of Mutant Enemy and 20th Century Fox Film Corporation. I merely use them as pawns in my perverse fantasies, and sometimes for chores. Song lyrics property of respective songwriters and publishers, blah blah blah, don't sue me.

Rights: I do not own these characters or the worlds they inhabit. However, the text I have written is not YOURS to paste into your own fic in any way, shape or form. That is called plagiarism, and it is not cool. Not that YOU would ever do that, because YOU are awesome. Obviously. :)

Feedback: Always hot, never a bother.

CHAPTER LIST

Note: The two interludes, added later, considerably slow down the story flow.
Author suggests first-time readers skip and return to them afterwards.

1. Smells Like Fun HOT!

2. Sultry

3. Perfect Gentleman HOT!

4. Ambrosia HOT!

5. For Spike HOT!

6. Dirty Little Secret

7. Bloody Heaven HOT!

7a. Interlude: Night Sweat HOT!

8. Hot and Bothered HOT!

8a. Interlude: Bring It! HOT!

9. Truth and Consequences HOT!

10. Man of War

11. Soul

12. Stand Back

13. Letting Go HOT!

14. Heat Wave HOT!

14a. Epilogue: Black Out HOT!

14b. Bonus: One More for the Apocalypse HOT!

Download the .txt version (coming soon!)

Download the .pdf version (coming soon!)

Want to know when this site is updated? Join Nauti's mailing list!

Series trademarks and all concepts and characters belong to their respective creators and corporations.
No profit is being made from this site and no malicious infringement of copyright is intended.



Title illustration by Mike Segawa
© 2001-2010 NautiBitz. All rights reserved.